In this exercise, students will learn how to:
|Figure 1.7.2 - Assigning materials in the Object Styles dialog box|
- Create a new floor type using a different material and thickness for the deck at the east side of the residence and studio and the ramp coming from the driveway:
- Open the Exterior Perspective view and note the appearance of the deck. A cast-in-place concrete material has been assigned to this element, and it is displayed with gray shading and speckled pattern.
- In a plan view, select the deck and create a new type called Wood Patio, then edit the structure for this new type:
- Change the thickness of the Structure  layer to 4" (0.10 meters).
- Change the material assigned to this layer to Wood Deck.
- Also assign this material to the ramp from the deck to the parking area.
- Next, change the materials assigned to the Console Table in the living room of the residence to match the other furniture in the room:
- Select the sectional sofa component, and determine the materials assigned to the various parts.
- Select the console table and assign similar or complementary materials to its parts. The materials for this component are specified as instance properties, so every instance of the console table can have different materials.
Figure 1.7.3 - Exterior perspective view showing new wood material assigned to the deck and ramp