In this exercise, students will learn how to:
|Figure 2.2.1 - Setting the phase filter to Show Previous + New model elements|
- Add another phase to the project and name it Phase 3.
- Duplicate the existing views (plan views, elevations, and 3D views) of Phase 2 to create two sets of new views for Phase 3, setting the Phase and Phase Filter properties to show these states:
- Phase 3 Planning: Use the Previous + New phase filter to override elements from previous phases and display them in gray.
- Phase 3 Complete: Use the Show Complete phase filter to display elements from all three phases by category.
- Open the new Phase 3 views and place building elements (walls, doors, windows, roofs, and so on) to construct the envelope of a third building in the space indicated.
- Open the views for the prior phases and verify that your new building elements appear only in the views for Phase 3.
Figure 2.2.2 - Adding a new phase to the project