Download Unit3_Lesson4_Exercise2_Start.zip: Imperial
or MetricRevit, Autodesk Green Building Studio
- Using the data presented in Figure 3.4.3 and electrical end-use computed in Green Building Studio, determine the amount of baseline energy that must be obtained from renewable sources (such as photovoltaic generation) to obtain 4 LEED points.
- Use the photovoltaic analysis tools in Green Building Studio to explore the effect of changing the desired payback period on the number of surfaces and total area recommended for photovoltaic panels.
- Determine the length of the payback period that will be required to recover the cost of installing the area of photovoltaic panels required to provide enough on-site renewable energy to earn 4 LEED points.
- Determine the length of the payback required to recover the cost of installing enough photovoltaic panels to earn 7 LEED points.
- Create a new run in Green Building Studio to explore how these answers change if the project is located in Phoenix, Arizona (a very sunny climate), rather than Detroit, Michigan..
Figure 3.4.3 - LEED points for providing on-site renewable energy