In this exercise, students will learn how to:
|Figure 4.2.5 - Copying wood structural elements to a similar position on another level|
- Place 6 x 6 (0.15 m x 0.15 m) wood columns at the grid intersections on the right side of level 2 (along grids C and D) and align edge columns to the outer boundary of the floor slab.
- Place5 x 22 (0.13 m x 0.57 m) Glulam beams of southern pine along grids C and D to support the floor level above. Use an offset -0.75" (-19 mm) to place these beams below the plywood subfloor at Level 2.
- Create a beam system of 16" (0.40 m) TJL wood open web joists to span between the beams at grids C and D. Use an offset of -0.75" (-19 mm) to also place these joists below the plywood subfloor. The joists should be center justified and spaced at a fixed distance of 2’ (0.61 m).
- Create a similar beam system using 14" (0.36 m) TJL wood open web joists to span between the beams at grids B and C.
- Copy the wood structural elements that you created in this exercise to similar locations on levels 3 and 4.
- Select the floor at level 4 and change it to the plywood floor type.
Figure 4.2.6 - Sketching the boundary for a beam system of open web joists