- Open the model for this exercise in Revit MEP software.
- Place two supply diffusers for a closed plenum HVAC system in the office space at the northeast corner of level 2.
- Place a variable air volume (VAV) unit above the corridor outside the office.
- Create a supply system for the diffusers and VAV unit placed in the previous steps using the Generate Layout tool:
- For the main ducts, use rectangular ducts with mitered elbows/teeswith an offset: 11'-0" (3.35 m).
- For the branch ducts, use rectangular ducts with mitered elbows/teeswith an offset: 11'-0" (3.35 m) and no flex duct.
- Open the 3D HVAC Lighting Coordination view to confirm that there are no conflicts between the HVAC elements and the lighting fixtures.
Figure 4.5.6 - Duct layout for supply side of closed plenum HVAC system