You can install the ETABS application on our computer to perform structural analysis and design by following these steps.
Note: You must be connected to the Stanford network environment (on-campus or via the VPN) to use our network license server for ETABS.
Configure Your Computer to Find Our License Server
Before you get started, you must configure your computer to point to the IP address of our ETABS network license server by creating a new System Environment Variable:
- Open the Windows Advanced system settings dialog.
- On Windows 8: Open the Windows Control Panel > System > Advanced tab
- On Windows 10: Open the Windows Settings > System > About > System Info > Advanced System Settings
- Click the Environment Variables button.
- Add a new System variable with the name LSFORCEHOST
- Set the value to cee-license.stanford.edu
- Click OK to accept the changes and close the Control Panel.
- Restart Windows.
Install the ETABS 2016 application
- Download the ETABS 2016 Setup installer application from this link: ETABS 2016 Installer v16.2.1
- Or, download the latest version directly from CSI using the CSI Installation Wizard
- Run the ETABS 2016 Setup application.
- If you are prompted about whether to activate a Standalone license during the Installation Wizard, click No. You'll be using our network license.
Run the ETABS 2016 application
- When the installation is complete, double-click the ETABS 2016 icon on your desktop or select Computers and Structures > ETABS 2016 from the Windows Start menu.