Installing Autodesk Revit
- Login to the Autodesk Education Community website at http://students.autodesk.com.
- Click the Free Software tab at the top of the page.
- In the list of available programs, scroll down and select Revit.
- Sign in using your Autodesk ID, then select:
- Version: Revit 2019
- Operating System: Windows 64-bit
- Language: Your preferred language
- Make a note of your personal Serial Number and the Product Key – you may need it later to activate the software. An email containing this information will also be sent to the email address associated with your Autodesk ID.
If you forget your serial number, don’t worry – you can find it by returning to this Software Download page and choosing Autodesk Revit 2019 again, and you’ll also receive a copy of this information in an email message from Autodesk.
- Click the Install Now button. Then accept the License and Services Agreement, and click the Install button.
If you receive an error message indicating that the software could not be installed automatically (typically due to network or firewall issues), you may need to download the installer file and run it manually. If that happens, return to this Software Downloads site, and choose the Download Now option from the pull-down menu to download the installation files using the Autodesk Download Manager. When the download is completed, the installer should automatically open.
- Accept the default installation options, and wait patiently as the application installs all the needed software components including the Revit Content Libraries. WAIT PATIENTLY -- this step can take up to an hour to complete.
Don't give up if it seems that the installer is stalled -- especially during the step that installs the Revit Content Libraries. A complete new installation can take up to 60 minutes or even longer depending on the speed of your network connection.
- When you launch the Autodesk Revit 2019 application, you may be prompted to enter your Serial Number and Product Key from Step 5.
Your license will be confirmed and the software will be activated for three years.
- Install the BIM 360 Glue Add-In
Close the Revit application, then install the BIM 360 Glue Add-In by downloading and running the installer at this link:
BIM 360 Glue Add-In for Revit 2019
- Install Any Updates
After installing Autodesk Revit 2019 and the BIM 360 Glue Add-In, be sure to run the Autodesk Desktop App from the Autodesk folder in your Start menu. Go to the Updates tab and click ALL of the Update buttons to install ALL of the Revit 2019-related product updates and Revit extensions.
Note: If your software is already up-to-date, the list of available updates may be empty. If installing updates, you should close the Revit application before attempting to install them.
Installing BIM 360 Glue