Installing Autodesk Revit
- Login to the Autodesk Education Community website at http://students.autodesk.com.
- Navigate to the Download Free Software > Students, educators, and educational institutions page.
- In the list of available programs, scroll down and select Revit.
- Sign in using your Autodesk ID, then select:
- Version: Revit 2017
- Operating System: Windows 64-bit
- Language: Your preferred language
- Make a note of your personal Serial Number and the Product Key – you may need it later to activate the software. An email containing this information will also be sent to email Autodesk ID.
If you forget your serial number, don’t worry – you can find it by returning to this Software Download page and choosing Autodesk Revit 2017 again, and you’ll also receive a copy of this information in an email message from Autodesk.
- Click the Install Now button. Then accept the License and Services Agreement, and click the Install button.
If you receive an error message indicating that the software could not be installed automatically (typically due to network or firewall issues), you may need to download the installer file and run it manually. If that happens, return to this Software Downloads site, and choose the Browser Download option from the pull-down menu. After the installer file downloads to your computer, run the Setup application and click the Install button.
- Accept the default installation options, and wait patiently as the application installs all the needed software components including the Revit Content Libraries. WAIT PATIENTLY -- this step can take up to an hour to complete.
Don't give up if it seems that the installer is stalled -- especially during the step that installs the Revit Content Libraries. A complete new installation can take up to 60 minutes or even longer depending on the speed of your network connection.
- When you launch the Autodesk Revit 2017 application, your will be prompted to enter your Serial Number and Product Key from Step 5.
Your license will be confirmed and the software will be activated for three years.
Installing BIM 360 Glue