For CEE 122A/222A Students
As a building model creator and editor, you'll need a laptop computer with:
- 4 GB of RAM
- 30 GB of free disk space
- Windows 7 64-bit operating system (or a newer version -- Window 8.0, 8.1, or 10)
All students in Global AEC should complete the following checklist of steps IN THIS ORDER to set up their laptop computers with the Building Modeling Environment components:
- Sign up for an Autodesk ID at the Autodesk Education Community website (http://students.autodesk.com). This Autodesk ID is required in order to download the software tools and use cloud services. After you create your Autodesk ID (the email that you used to sign up at Autodesk), send it to Renate and Flavia.
Signing Up for an Autodesk ID
- If you're working with a Mac, prepare your computer to install Windows.
Preparing to Install Windows on a Mac
- Install Windows 7.0 64-bit or a newer version (if not already installed).
Installing the Windows OS
- Install Autodesk Revit 2018.
Installing Autodesk Revit
- Check your inbox for the account you used to setup your Autodesk for invitations to join two cloud services -- BIM 360 and the Team Stanford Revit A360 collaboration site (http://stanfordrevit.autodesk360.com).
If you haven't received these invitations, please URGENTLY email Renate and Flavia to resend the invitations to you.
Please accept both of these invitations by clicking the Accept link in the email messages that you receive, then send an email message to Renate and Flavia confirming that you've accepted these invitations and completed this step.
- Test your installation. You should complete Tests 1 thru 4 on your own. Follow the instructions and send the results in an email message to the course teaching assistant. You will complete Test 5 during an online session with the teaching team.
Testing Your Installation