To download free software and use cloud services from Autodesk, you’ll need an Autodesk ID. You can sign up for one at the Autodesk Education Community:
- Click the Sign In menu at the top of the window, then choose Sign In.
- Click the CREATE ACCOUNT link that follows the "NEW TO AUTODESK?" prompt, then complete and submit the registration form.
- Be sure to check your email for a message from Autodesk and click the confirmation link to finish activating your new account.
Important Notes about Autodesk IDs:
- Most students use their Stanford email address as their student Autodesk ID.
- If you already have a student Autodesk ID from another school, you can continue to use it or sign up for a new one.
- You can create as many student Autodesk IDs as you like. Your Autodesk ID has to be a valid email address (so you can respond to the confirmation email), but it doesn't need to be an EDU address. Many students use a GMail or Hotmail address instead.
Autodesk IDs created through the Education Community have special privileges and free access to many cloud services available only to students. If you already have an Autodesk ID, which was not created through the Education Community, you MUST create another one through the Education Community to enjoy the benefits available exclusively to students.