Tai Anthony McMillan
Module 5 - Points to Ponder
Please share your comments on 2 of the following Points to Ponder questions. (Choose 2 of the questions below.)
What are the principal advantages of using a single building information model of the existing conditions as the foundation for modeling proposed additions or renovations?
- One advantage to using a sing building information model is that in your design process, you would easily be able to references the old structure and determine what components your renovation/addition would need. Seeing the old existing conditions in the same model, allow you to maintain uniform thematic and material design.
What sort of complexities are introduced when you construct a building complex in phases?
- What happens at the interfaces between the buildings as the phases advance?
- How can you plan and prepare for these complexities as your create your initial building model?
What are the principal advantages of using a single building information model of the existing conditions as the foundation for modeling several proposed design alternatives for a portion of the building?
- In using a single building information model, one would able to compare and contrast more easily, determine feasibility/compatability (with old design) , and be able to easily pull features from one concept to an different design concept.
In your project, which features of the proposed design did you choose to model as design alternatives?
- Why did you choose these building features? And what were the biggest challenges in modeling them as the design alternatives?