Practice Exercise (Optional)
Download Practice File: Starting Point
- Load the door family Door-Exterior-Double-Full Glass-Wood_Clad from the Revit library (Doors > Residential).
- In the Living Area floor plan, locate Wall C using the image below.
- Delete the two existing doors on the sides of this wall section, and then change the center door the new door type you have imported.
- Duplicate this door type and edit the type height to be 108" tall.
- Load the door family Door-Exterior-Side_Lite-Full Flat Glass-Wood_Clad from the Revit library (Doors > Residential).
- Calculate the width of open wall section on either side of the door and divide it by three. Round down to the nearest inch.
- Now duplicate this new door family and edit type height to be 108" tall and edit the type width to be what you calculated in step 6.
- Finally, insert three instances of this new door type on both sides of the door
When you have completed this exercise, your model should look like this:
Download File: Ending Point