Practice Exercise (Optional)
Download Practice File: Starting Point
- Open the Roof Plan and create a 9" - Corrugated Deck and Insulation on the southern building.
- Select the walls of the building using the Pick Walls tool, and put an offset of 1'0". Extend the footprint to cover the beam-column frame to the south of the building.
- Make this roof have a slope of 0 so that it will be flat. Finish creating the roof.
- Now create a new 9" - Corrugated Deck and Insulation on the northern building. Give the boundary a 1'0" offset on all sides.
- For this roof, make the east and west edges define the slope, with a slope of 1"/12". (Change project units if needed).
- Finally, select the east and west walls and attach them to the new roof using the Attach Top/BaseLinks to an external site. tool. There should be no gaps between the walls and the roof.
When you have completed this exercise, your model should look like this:
Download File: Ending Point