Practice Exercise (Optional)
Download Practice File: Starting Point
- Find the two facing chairs in the first level living area of the southern building. Make two copies of one of the chairs and position them so that there are four chairs facing each other.
- Duplicate this component and then modify the dimension type parameters so that the width is 3'0", the depth is 2'0", and the height is 2'6".
- Use the Edit Family tool to change the Cushion Material parameter to be an instance property instead of a type property.
- Select one of the chairs and modify the Cushion Material parameter. Duplicate the material Leather - Black three times to Leather - Green, Leather - Blue, and Leather - Red. For each new material, go to the Graphics tab, and under Shading, choose the respective color of the material.
- Change the Cushion Material instance parameter so that each chair has a different color.
When you have completed this exercise, your model should look like this:
Download File: Ending Point