Practice Exercise (Optional)
Download Practice File: Starting Point
- Draw a new Handrail - Rectangular railing at Level 2 around the outside of the exterior platform of the building.
- Pick the edges of the platform as the boundary lines and set a 4" offset toward the inside of the platform
- Trim this rail segment to leave openings for the stair case entries. Finish creating the rail segment.
- Then create two new railings, one between the the stair cases and one to complete the distance to the wall. Connect all the rail segments to the railing of the staircases.
- Copy the railings to the clipboard and then paste aligned to Level 3.
- Edit the Level 3 railings to fill the gap left by the stair case that exists on Level 2 but not on Level 3.
When you have completed this exercise, your model should look like this:
Download File: Ending Point