Practice Exercise (Optional)
Download Practice File: Starting Point
- Open the First Floor Plan - Dining Area plan view of the Starting Point file.
- Create an in-place component to model a dining room table that fits the unique triangular geometry of the walls using the image below as reference.
- Create the table using two separate extrusions: one for the table base and another for the table top. Use the tracing lines in the plan view as a reference for dimensions.
- The table top should be 4-inches thick with its top surface located 32 inches off the floor. The table base should extend from the floor to the bottom of the table top.
- Choose a material for these extrusions that is similar to cherry wood.
- Use the Place Component tool to place chair components of type Barrel around the custom table as shown in the image below.
When you have completed this exercise, your model should look like this:
Download File: Ending Point