Practice Exercise (Optional)
Download Practice File: Starting Point
- Create mass floors in the the extruded mass form.
- Select the mass form.
- Use the Mass Floors tool to create a mass floor element at each level defined in the project.
- Create a floor element at the ground floor level.
- Open the Floor by Face tool.Duplicate the Generic - 12" floor type to create a new floor type representing a 10” Concrete Slab.Select this new floor type in the properties palette.Select the Mass Floor at the ground floor level.Use the Create Floor tool to create the new floor element.
- Create floor elements at the upper floor levels.
- Open the Floor by Face tool.Select the 3” LW Concrete on 2” Metal Deck floor type in the properties palette.Select the Mass Floors at all of the upper levels.Use the Create Floor tool to create the new floor elements at these levels.
- Create a roof elements at the top surface of the mass form.
- Open the Floor by Face tool.Select the Steel Truss - Insulation on Metal Deck - EPDM roof type in the properties palette.Select the top surface of the mass.Use the Create Roof tool to create a new roof element.
- 5. Reshape the mass form and update the floors and roofs to match the new form shape.
- Use the Edit In-Place tool to open the mass form for editing.Push or pull on the mass surfaces, edges, or vertices to reshape it.Click the Finish Mass tool to complete your editing.Select each of the floor and roof elements in your model, and use the Update to Face tool to update them using the new form shape and surface locations.
When you have completed this exercise, your model should look like the end point:
Download File: Ending Point