Workflow Update: In Revit 2023 and newer versions, the Analytical Model is no longer created automatically. To create an Analytical Model for your building elements:
- Open the Analyze > Structural Analytical Model > Analytical Automation tool in the Revit ribbon.
- Select and run the Physical to Analytical for Buildings script in the Analytical Automation window.
- Select the Physical building elements to be converted.
- Click Run.
To create an Analytical Model view displaying only the Analytical model elements:
- Duplicate the default 3D view.
- Use Visibility Graphics Overrides to:
- Show the Analytical Model categories
- Turn off the Model categories
Practice Exercise (Optional)
Download Practice File: Starting Point
- Change the type of the floor elements at Level 2 and Level 3 to 3" LW Concrete on 2" Metal Deck.
- Open the 3D - Structural view.
- Select the floor elements in the structural model.
- Select the desired floor type using the Type Selector in the properties palette.
- Turn on the Structural and Enable Analytical Model properties for the floor elements at Level 2 and Level 3.
- Turn on the Structural property checkbox.
- Turn on the Enable Analytical Model property checkbox.
- Confirm that the structural floors at Level 2 and Level 3 are visible in the 3D Analytical Model view.
- Open the Analytical Model view.
- Confirm that the structural floors at Levels 2 and 3 appear as brown analytical floor elements in this view.
When you have completed this exercise, your model should look like this:
Download File: Ending Point