To complete the workflow shown in this module, download and install the Insight Plug-In for your version of Revit here:
Practice Exercise (Optional)
Download Practice File: Conceptual Mass Model Starting Point
Download Practice File: Building Element Model Starting Point
- Open the Creating an EAM from a Conceptual Mass Model - Start model.
- Set the Project Location to Detroit, Michigan.
- Set the Energy Settings for analysis:
- Open the Energy Setting tool.
- Set the Mode to Use Conceptual Masses and Building.
- Set the Advanced options for more accurate analysis:
- Set the Building Type to Office.
- Click OK twice to close the Energy Settings dialogs.
- Create the Energy Analytical Model.
- Open the Create Energy Model tool.Confirm that you want to create the energy analytical model.
- Switch to the 3D Energy Model view to view the energy analytical model.
- Repeat these steps for the Creating an EAM from a Building Element Model - Start model.
When you have completed this exercise, your model should look like this:
Download File: Conceptual Mass Model Ending Point
Download File: Building Element Model Ending Point