Practice Exercise (Optional)
Download Practice File: Integrated Model Starting Point
Download Practice File: Arch Model Starting Point
Download Practice File: Struct Model Starting Point
Download Practice File: Task Timeline Starting Point
Download Practice File: Integrated Model - Ready to Simulate Starting Point
- Open the integrated model file set Integrated Model - Start.nwf.
- Create a task timeline for the elements in the integrated model.
- Open the TimeLiner tool.
- Switch to the Data Sources tab.
- Add a CSV import data source.
- Select the Task_Timeline_Simple.csv file.
- Associate TimeLiner columns with external field names:
- Task Name = Title
- Display ID = TaskID
- Synchronizaton ID = TaskID
- Planned Start Date = Expected Start
- Planned End Date = Expected End
- Select the New Data Source and Refresh to rebuild the task hierarchy.
- Create a series of sets to quickly select specific elements from the integrated model:
- Level 1 Slab
- Level 1 Footings
- Level 1 (and repeat for Levels 2 and 3)
- Level n Columns
- Level n Beams (W21x55 and W24x84)
- Level n Joists (W14x30)
- Level n Exterior Walls
- i. Roof
- Attach the sets to the associated tasks in the timeline.
- Drag sets from the Sets window to the Attached column in the appropriate row in the TimeLiner window.
- Set the Task Type for each of these tasks to Construct.
- Run the TimeLiner simulation.
- Switch to the Simulate tab in the Timeliner window.
- Adjust the Settings to set the Playback duration to 120 seconds.
- Click the Play button to run the simulation.
When you have completed this exercise, your model should look like this: