Journal Entry For
Module 3 - Project Goals Targets & Strategies
ACC Folder Link
Jan 27, 2022 4:54 PM
Jan 29, 2022 7:07 AM
Goal 1: Net Zero Water
- Measure: LEED V4 - reduction of water consumption
- 30% reduction (2 pts)
- 50% reduction (6pts)
- Bio-wells as a rainwater capture design
- Greywater system
- Potentially it’s own wastewater treatment plant for blackwater? - Don’t know how viable.
- Low pressure faucets, faucets with sensors, etc.
Goal 2: Net-Zero Site Energy - produces at least the net energy (renewable) amount it consumes
- Measure: EUI
- Targets: (https://zerotool.org/zerotool/)
- 75% of energy consumed is produced on site
- 100% of energy consumed is produced on site
- Small vertical wind turbines on roofs?
- Solar panels on roofs
- Use of natural light and ventilation through windows
- Reduce energy use
Goal 3: Green Space Accessibility
- Measure: % of total square ft. area that is considered green space per floor
- 10% of total floor area should be dedicated to green space
- 20% of total floor area should be dedicated to green space
- Access to outdoor patio areas on every floor level
- Instead of a straight stacked building, maybe try spreading out the levels to fan out (floor levels that are slightly off center from each other.
- Extra ventilation
- Resting areas on each floor