Module 7 - Structural Modeling & Coordination
Panorama View Link
Image of My Model
In this geometrically random design, I used a centralized elevator system with walls behind it for restrooms and a utility room. For the stairs, I put structural walls around both of them, as they travel up the edges of the building. The beams and beam systems parallel different walls at different areas, creating an unique pathway. However, the beam systems all face the same way. I have used rectangular columns to align with the rigid shapes and lines that the rest of the building follow.
Using ACC Model Coordination
- Upload your architectural and structural models to your folder on ACC Documents, then copy them into the subfolder named Coordination Space.
- Use the modules pull-down menu to switch to the Model Coordination tool.
- Pull-down the coordination spaces menu (beneath the account login), and choose your personal Coordination Space.
- Create a new View that merges a 3D view from both your architectural and structural models.
- Open the new view, and use the ACC Model Coordination environment to navigate to an interesting camera viewpoint. Then, create an Issue to share this viewpoint.
- Click the Issues button in the left navigation bar to display the saved issues.
- Click the Create Issue button to create a new one.
- Click a location in the model viewer to place a push pin.
- Enter info for this issue:
- Change the Type to Design
- Enter a Title
- Assign the issue to our CA