Please enter the following info in the fields above:
- Your Name (just type your name, then click Create to add yourself to the list)
- Paste a link to the model that you uploaded to your BIM 360 folder in the BIM 360 Link field.
Image of My Model
Paste a screenshot of your model here...
Enter a brief paragraph (5 to 7 sentences) describing the features of your proposed design that you'd like to highlight here...
I had a lot of difficulty resolving design decisions made in project 6 with structural requirements. I didn’t think about offsetting columns from the walls when I initially laid down my grid, and I think attempting to fix my design without starting from scratch was a mistake. However, though I had to simplify my initially model somewhat, I ended up being able to make a relatively consistent structural form. In the future when designing large buildings, I will certainly make sure to consider the dimensions of its structural frame from the outset.
Using BIM 360 Model Coordination
- Upload your architectural and structural models to your folder on BIM 360 Documents, then copy them into the subfolder named Coordination Space.
- Switch to the Model Coordination tool.
- Create a new View that merges a 3D view from both your architectural and structural models.
- Open the new view, and use the BIM 360 model viewing environment to navigate to an interesting camera viewpoint. Then, create an Issue to share this viewpoint.
- Click the Issues button in the left navigation bar to display the saved issues.
- Click the Create Issue button to create a new one.
- Click a location in the model viewer to place a push pin.
- Enter info for this issue:
- Change the Type to Design
- Enter a Title
- Assign the issue to Wilfrido Martinez