For my first design, I found the shape of the building not very conducive to a well designed structure. It was very difficult to keep the sizes I had initially planned and it wound up being a fair bit smaller than planned. However, for a few hours of work this was very informative and useful for the next iteration. I would like to simplify the design into three separate rectangle-ish buildings, still forming the general triangle shape. It would be more open air style and the courtyard will now not be trapped in the center. This simplifies the exits, room design, and structural design for the next module. It will also be far easier to follow the space budget I had created.
The odd shape made any room have an awkward shape and very difficult to imagine a more natural flow for travel. In the same time I spent trying to troubleshoot weird connections and design with this model, I can easily model a far more detailed and warning-free exhibition space with a streamlined design.