Journal Entry For
Module 3 - Project Goals Targets & Strategies
ACC Folder Link
Jan 22, 2022 9:03 PM
Jan 24, 2022 2:01 AM
Daniel Diaz Salgado
Goal 1: Minimize Light Pollution
- Measure: Visual assessment
- Minimal disruption to the natural diurnal patterns of light and dark.
- desired / target value
- one design strategy that I’d like to explore in my design to achieve this goal
- a second design strategy for achieving this goal
- Measure: m3 per year of storm water runoff management.
- Mitigate the negative environmental effects of storm water runoff.
- Reduce the outdoor use of potable water on the site.
- Promoting on site percolation by using permeable options such as pavers, porous asphalt, pervious concrete and vegetated landscapes.
- Reuse storm water for non-potable purposes as irrigation and flushing of toilets.
- Measure: kw per year
- Reach sustainable development with less impact on environment
- Use of overhangs and awnings.
- Consider in the design vertical louvers for eastern or western exposures.
- Take advantage of solar panels.