For the exhibition center, the restrooms are located on both the first and second floor of the main building. There are sanitation, hot water, and cold water lines for these restrooms. Each of the four bathrooms have three toilets and two sinks with stalls that are ADA compliant.
- The toilets are water closet - flush valve - wall mounted public - 1.6 gpf. And the sinks are 20” x 18” work sinks. They had a better aesthetic than the base sinks.
- The sanitation pipes are 4” in diameter and at a slope of 1/4” / 12”. Each restroom has its own and the second floor pipe connects down to the first floor. It starts at an elevation of a foot under the floor and ends just below the floor.
- The domestic cold water pipes are 1” in diameter and have no slope. Each restroom has its own and the second floor pipes connects down to the first floor. The pipes are at an elevation of 9’ above ground.
- The domestic hot water pipes are 1” in diameter and have no slope. Each restroom also has its own pipe and the second floor pipe connects down to the first floor. The pipes are at an elevation of 5’ above the ground.
- The primary challenge was making sure the pipes do not collide as they connect between the first and second floor. This required shifting the domestic hot and cold water pipes so they are offset. They were originally on top of each other but this meant the pipe could not drop straight down. Using the section views to do this was extremely helpful and necessary.