Journal Entry For
Module 11 - Sharing Your Project
ACC Folder Link
Mar 16, 2022 3:53 AM
Mar 22, 2022 6:10 PM
- Key / Essential / Unique Design Features
- R-Value/Thickness of the Walls: I spend some time learning about the material properties and understanding a bit better the different layers that can be added to walls in order to ensure that they are providing the right amount of thermal comfort for the building.
- Windows: I tried to do my best to optimize the use of south-facing windows over north facing windows. I felt that this would be a key distinguisher for the building.
- GreenRoof/Solar Panels: I find these features very exciting, so I did my best to incorporate them into the design.
- Your Big Successes --
- I think the architectural model turned out better than I had anticipated. I was worried that I would have a hard time aligning components with each other. On this note, on the architectural model, I had great success running solar analysis and using the other analytical tools to learn more about the building’s energy usage.
- Your Big Challenges --
- A big challenge for me was definitely the HVAC system installation. I had a really difficult time getting the vents to install properly with the ductwork. This only became more complicated when trying to calculate the supply air demand since the ducts wouldn’t connect and provide the calculations. In hindsight, I would take more time to carefully learn what the offset values should be and the best way to streamline this process.
- On a similar note, the structural part was challenging since at many points I had a hard time seeing the beams and columns I was installing. It was a simple mistake, I should have used the structures template.
- Lessons Learned --
- I would tell students to not be afraid to learn more cool tools on revit like on youtube.
- I think I would also say that there are different parts of the project that you might enjoy way more than others. This is helpful to get through the difficult parts.
Video Presentation / Tour of Your Project Features
Design Journal Entries
Click the Filter button below, then enter you first name in the search field to link all your Design Journal entries.