Journal Entry For
Module 8 - Structural Framing Systems
ACC Folder Link
Feb 20, 2022 9:49 PM
Feb 26, 2022 5:07 PM
- I used steel as my structural material to make the construction cost and time effective. Although this material is carbon intensive, I want to source recycled steel to offset that.
- I would like to hide the framing elements as much as possible on the outside of the building. However, there are some visible columns within the inside of the building. Some columns were removed, and the beams were extended in order to create more of an open space in certain areas, such as in the cafe.
- My grid system is evenly spaced throughout the building because my building is somewhat rectangular. Columns were placed at almost every grid intersection.
- The beams were lowered 5 inches to accommodate the floors, and they were spaced every 4 feet.
- W-shapes - 10x33 steel column
- W-shapes - 12x26 steel beams
- 3’’ LW Concrete on 2”” Metal Deck flooring
- Rectangular concrete footing (72’’x 48’’x 18’’)