This is the baseline scenario:
I then edited the envelope as follows:
- WWR western walls: ≤ 15%
- WWR eastern walls: ≤ 15%
- WWR northern walls: ≤ 65%
- Wall construction: eliminated the uninsulated case
- Window glass north, east and west: double low-e and above insulation
- Window shades east and west: 1/4 window height and above
The resulting average EUI is 51.5 kBtu/sf/yr.
Envelope + Power & Lighting
Next, I edited the following parameters on power and lighting:
- Plug load efficiency: 1.3 W/sf and below
- Lighting efficiency: 0.7 W/sf and below
- Daylighting and occupancy controls
The resulting average EUI is 37.9 kBtu/sf/yr.
On top of the above settings, I specified the following parameters about solar PV:
- Surface coverage: ≥ 75%
- Payback limit: 20-30 years
- PV panel efficiency: ≥ 18.6%
This reduces the average EUI to 2.84 kBtu/sf/yr.