- 4.3 CONCEPTUAL DESIGN MODELING
- 4.3.A Evaluation Context
- 4.3.A.1 Visualize Using Google Earth
- 4.3.A.2 Viewing Climate Data in Revit & Insight
- 4.3.B Modeling Site Topography
- 4.3.C Conceptual Mass Modeling
- 4.4 SIMULATION AND ANALYSIS
- 4.4.A Quantifying Your Design
- 4.4.B Evaluating Passive Design Opportunities
- 4.4.B.2 Visualizing Sun & Shadows
- Summer Solstice
- Spring Equinox
- One-year Solar Study
- 4.4.B.3 Evaluating Solar Insolation & Photovoltaic Potential
- 4.4.B.4 Evaluating Predicted Building Performance Using Insight
- Energy Model
- The Impact of Factors on Building Performance
- 4.4.B.5 Using Scenarios to Compare Conceptual Design Models in Insight
- 4.4.B.6 Exploring the Impact of Building Orientation in Insight
Coordinates: 15°11'54.59"N, 120°32'2.37"E
Insight results are provided in 4.4.B.4.
Note: There are no adjacent large buildings on the area.
This shape is inspired by Banaue Rice Terraces, which was built over 2,000 years ago in the Philippines.
Gross Floor Area = 34,223 SF (satisfies the project requirement of 30,000 - 35,000 SF)
Note: Arch 2030 Benchmark results are not available outside US and Canada. Only ASHRAE is available for benchmark comparisons. Ref
This is the baseline scenario.
The result below gives the ASHRAE 90.1-compliant design, aiming for <$3.10.
Refer to the previous bullet points which illustrated the comparison between Baseline and Selected Models.
As shown in the figure below, no significant changes would be observed if we vary the building orientation. Hence, this gives us flexibility to orient the building by following other site constraints such as roads or existing water/sewer system.