Journal Entry For
Module 5/6 - Building Layout & Circulation Systems
BIM360 Folder Link
- Space Budget — a list that identifies the functions and dimensions of all the programmed spaces in proposed design.
(will continue to update this journal throughout my design process)
- Building Layout — a sketch or bubble diagram that shows the spaces proposed design with the connections between them as well as connections to exterior spaces.
- Building Model:
- I plan for the lobby space to be the "center of the two L's"
- I plan for the bottom half of the diagram to represent space allocated to meetings/offices /classrooms
- I plan for the upper part of the diagram to be the exhibits
- I plan for the second floor to have a cafe, dining area, kids zone and terrace.
I based my design off the Y2E2 floor plans that were provided in the module because I liked the way it organized the circulation systems with usable and buildable dynamics. I like the consistency between floors with stairways, restrooms and elevators. I also like the flow of the classroom and office spaces, which I plan on adapting for new uses in my exhibition.
(I am having trouble with my space tags, even after downloading and importing the "# of people" tag from the module)
I am still taking into consideration these proposed designs and building codes the from the modules....