Journal Entry For
Module 3 - Project Goals Targets & Strategies
BIM360 Folder Link
- Design Goal: My Design goal is to create a building that uses as much of the surrounding environment and natural elements as possible, along with connecting to the environment itself
- Measure: via visuals, can be seen via exterior and interior incorporation of nature along with natural elements that are locally sourced
- minimally acceptable value: focus on use of local woods and materials
- desired / target value: complete integration of natural life into the design via live walls, open elements/outdoor circulation, natural build materials such as locally sourced wood, etc.
- one design strategy that I’d like to explore in my design to achieve this goal is to source local materials to prevent hefty travel expenses and energy usage
- a second design strategy is to work with the curves of the landscape, as I do not want to disrupt the natural elements of a given area to severely
- Lastly, I want to incorporate natural light and exterior circulation as much as possible into the building.