Journal Entry For
Module 3 - Project Goals Targets & Strategies
- Design Goal: I would like to create a sustainable home or multi-family housing unit. I'm interested in exploring the practicality of the LEED system in homes and housing units, since LEED is generally applied to larger construction projects.
- Measure: I will use the LEED rating system to achieve at least a LEED certified rating.
- Minimally acceptable value = LEED certified home or multi-family housing unit
- Desired value = LEED gold/silver/platinum rating
- Explore other LEED certified design projects in the intended region (SF bay area) and consider which strategies have been successful and which have not
- Use the LEED handbook and similar sources to explore which sustainable strategies are most appropriate for homes
- Consider cost efficacy when choosing which LEED targets to try and achieve and which may not be the best options for a home or multi-family unit