Journal Entry For
Module 3 - Project Goals Targets & Strategies
BIM360 Folder Link
- Design Goal:
- Net Zero goal in energy
- Net Zero goal in water
- Education in sustainability concepts
- Good use of spaces
The first design goal come into my mind is to do a net zero energy exhibition hall. However, I think this is not enough for my ideal design since I am an environmental science and environmental engineering major focused on water, so I would also like to pursue a net zero water building as well. Although achieving these two goals are already challenge enough, the most important thing for this project is to be used by people. I don't want to create a sustainable building that no one want to be there, so I would like it to be a useful building provide healthy activities that people want to get involved in. At last, I want it to be educational to inspire the current and next generation in sustainability concepts.
- minimally acceptable value: 70% coverage
- desired / target value: 100% coverage
- Solar panels
- A wetland on the roof treats wastewater for the building
- Reuse water in flushing toilets.
- Nice use of orientations, natural lightings.