Building Envelope-Related Design Decisions:
- Wall Construction to R38 wood
- Reduce window to wall ratio to 30% on Western and Eastern walls
- Thermal properties of glazing surface to TrP LoE for Western and Eastern windows
- Window shading did not make a big difference, thus I didn't alter it
Power and Lighting Measures:
- Plug Load efficiency .6 W/sf
- Lighting efficiency.3 W/sf
- Daylight and Occupancy Controls (-.4 kBtu / ft² / yr)
b) I can drive the Predicted Mean EUI down to 24.5 kBtu / ft² / yr by adding the building envelope and Power and lighting measures.
Adding Photovoltaic Panels:
- Surface Coverage 90%
- Panel Efficiency 20.4%
- Payback Limit 20-30 years
b) In addition to the prior changes above, I can get the overall EUI down to -17 kBtu / ft² / yr by adding PV panel measures to my overall design strategy.