Image of My Model
For this assignment, my main goal was to learn to use Rhino. Because the lectures focused more on dynamo than on rhino I did my best to design an original parametric covering, heavily using online resources. I initially wanted to map a sine wave to the bottom arc, however I ran out of time trying to figure out the proper equation to use. Instead I used a 2 point arc to give the unique geometry seen above. I decided to go with this geometry because it reminded me of a spiral or of a nautilus's shell. I had difficulty with the lofting and the panels, and in the end the components are not always aligned, but I am still pretty happy with how it turned out.