Link to Design Journal
Journal Entry For
Module 2 - Ripples on a Pond
ACC Folder Link
Related to 120C/220C Students - Spring 2022 (1) (Related to Design Journal Entries | Winter 2022 (Linked Student))
Module 2 (April 8)
Ripples on a Pond – 4 Credits
Aim: Group processes together but also keep them modular enough to help with my own understanding.
- Creating an array of points to form a grid (cross product/referencing).
- Make sliders to allow the user to choose the position of the two pebbles’ x and y coordinates.
- Create a function (similar to the one Glenn showed in the example video) to modify the z values of each cylinder based on the distance between said cylinder to the location of pebble 1 and pebble 2. Then sum up the resulting heights from the two pebbles assuming constructive and destructive interference.
- Using the original grid points as the base (start point), and the new z values as the top (endpoint), can now create cylinders in Dynamo to see this function in action!
- Once I confirmed that the script was working, I linked it to the Revit cylinder family and reattached the node blocks accordingly so that they affected their corresponding parameters for the cylinder family.