First, I started with a blank file and created the mass floors. I then loaded the parametric tower - twisting simple triangle as a family. Every floor was 10ft in height. I started with a 500ft height. I set the mid-rotation of the building to 50degrees and the top to 80degrees.
I then proceeded to dynamo to flex the design. I used a custom node to evaluate the height ranges, that used “List.MAP” to give me outputs for three other parameters.
I selected the “Top Height as the parameter to change. The report I got back was based on the “Gross Floor Area”, “Gross Surface Area”, and “Gross Volume”. I went through a range of heights and various “runs” to see how the program worked. The run I turned in has a range of 200-500ft and intervals of 50ft.
I started with the tutorial on how to make a mass family. I honestly tried a bunch of shapes and finally settled with a trapezoid figure. In the trapezoid I created constraints on the various measurements, as shown.
Upon creating the mass family, I inputted it into my mass floor file. I tried to use the code I created for part 1, but for some reason I could not get it to work, so I just created a whole new code file. I tried to do multiple variations of constraints and settled on adjusting the top height and the bottom side A length.
The difference in the code for changing two parameters was in creating a list of the combinations. I had to pair each of the parameters together, so in total there were eight combinations tested.
The only difference in the custom node was upacking the pairs of inputs into items.
These are the results from the code: