ACC Folder Link
Link to Student
Journal Entry For
Module 3 - Give Me Shelter
1 - Design Approach
The structure can be an entrance to a train station, amusement park, airport, or bus station. It follows a smooth curve and the dynamic can create some aesthetic benefits for the users. The steps are as follows:
- Define the controlling geometry. The controlling geometry is made up of 3 arcs. One side is a parabola, and the other is a sine curve to be more dynamic. The middle curve can control the curviness of the structure.
- Divide the curves and put two trusses at the left and right ends.
- Create and divide a surface.
- Add and change panel types.
- Add a pattern to the panels. Half of the panels have a default wall angle of 45 degrees, and half have 10 degrees.
2 - Flexible Parameters
- Control Geometry:
- The left and right endpoints and the height can be adjusted.
- The wave amplitude and the number of waves of the sine curve can be changed.
- The number of trusses can be changed.
- The number of grid points or the number of panels can be changed.