Jun 22, 2021 4:42 PM
Ashley Rose Pacek
Brief Analysis of the Product
- Bamboo toothbrushes are an eco-friendly and more sustainable version of the standard plastic toothbrush.
- Allows consumers to practice dental hygiene by brushing their teeth and tongue.
- This product is typically used in the morning, lunch and at night.
Key Features that Promote Sustainability
- Bamboo is a renewable resource that does not need a large amount of water to survive and grow. As well, it only takes three years for bamboo plants to grow to be full size again.
- Considering this toothbrush is made out of natural materials, it takes a maximum of 10 years to fully decompose meanwhile it takes a plastic toothbrush 500 years to decompose.
- While the bamboo plants are growing they absorb carbon dioxide and can generate up to 35% more oxygen then trees.
- Bamboo has anti-microbial properties making it safe and hygienic
Features that Reduce Sustainability
- On some bamboo toothbrushes the bristles are still made out of plastic instead of bamboo.
- Bamboo is most commonly grown in China, and Southeast Asia. This requires fossil fuels to be emitted during the transportation to manufacturing facilities and to consumers world-wide.