Jun 23, 2021 7:48 AM
Ryan Logan Sung
Brief Analysis of the Product
- Hand razors typically come as two parts: the body and the disposable blades.
- The body of the razors can be wood, metal, or plastic and the blades are typically made from steel.
- The body can be used for an extended time while the blades must be replaced regularly.
- Replacements can be bought separately as refills for the razor.
Key Features that Promote Sustainability
- The body part of some hand razors is reusable with new disposable blades.
- Some hand razors are made out of steel which makes them durable and less likely to be replaced after repeated use.
- Most blades have between five and ten shaves in them which decreases how often they need to be replaced.
Features that Reduce Sustainability
- The throw-away blades promote waste as they need to consistently be replaced.
- Some hand razors are made out of hard plastic which makes them flimsy and more likely to be replaced after repeated use.
- Some hand razors do not have exchangeable disposable blades. This causes unnecessary waste as the body part of the razors are thrown away each time too.