Jun 23, 2021 7:26 PM
Brief Analysis of the Product
- A regular deck consists of 78 cards, made from card stock (two layers of thin cardboard with glue in between). The designs are printed onto the cards with ink.
- Originally made as playing cards, tarot cards are mostly used for divination purposes in the modern day.
- Many modern tarot decks are mass-produced in factories.
Key Features that Promote Sustainability
- Since tarot decks are made of paper-like material, they require less time to decompose than most of the objectws that we use daily.
- Once you buy a tarot deck, you will not need to buy another deck to fulfill your divination desires since one deck is enough to do a tarot reading.
- For ease of hand while shuffling the deck, tarot cards are usually not covered with thick layers of plastic (like PVC), so they contain less non-biodegradable materials.
Features that Reduce Sustainability
- Most tarot cards are not made of recycled materials, so producing more of them results in more trees getting cut.
- Unless one does not own a handmade deck, the working conditions are usually poor in the factories that make mass-produced tarot decks.
- There are many different tarot decks with different designs out there, and there is a tendency to start a tarot deck collection in people who are interested in tarot. This causes an increase in consumerism.