Why are we creating prototypes?
We are creating prototypes to focus our ideas and share them with others.
The type of feedback that will be most helpful for refining and improving our product idea is:
- How often do you need to give it nutrients?
- Is it going to smell?
- Does it need to be cleaned? If so, how often?
- How effective is it?
What product features are we prototyping? And why? What do we hope to learn from testing this feature?
- Algae-based filter — Show customers pictures of the design and determine their comfort
- Multiple form factors — Which designs are more desirable to consumers
- Auto-regulating temperature system — How customers feel about relying on an automated system
- Inbuilt pH detection and notifying system — How often customers are willing to adjust the pH
- Air vs Water Storage for the algae
How will you prototype and share these features with others to get their feedback?
We plan to create a detailed handwritten drawing that showcases the design, location of the parts, and functionality of the product.