Who Did You Interview?
Demographics That Might Provide Helpful Context for Their Responses
- 23 years old
- Lives in Indonesia
Key Findings from the Interview
- Does not think that water is a scarce resource:
- No. because the water cycle dictates that it is a closed system. But 2% is clean and drinkable. If contaminated then clean water can be considered a scarce resource.
- It depends on accessibility as well. In indonesia it is but in england it isnt a scare resource
- Filtration systems, aquifers
- Concerned about accessibility to clean drinking water
- Demand for water will increase because population density
- Those most at risk are the poorer people
- Scared that if we’re not sustainable with water use in general, we’re going to over pump natural aquifers and cause subsidence/pollution
- How would you like to foster more sustainable uses of water in the future:
- Like to pay more attention to water usage when paying bills to make sure not to overuse water
- Use special taps in showers to limite water use
- Continue to adopt techniques that do not cause unnecessary waste ex: dont leave water tap on.