Who Did You Interview?
- School friend
Demographics That Might Provide Helpful Context for Their Responses
- upper middle class
- super outdoorsy, into nature
Key Findings from the Interview
- When I say "sustainable fashion" what comes to mind? *
“Thrifting, not buying a lot, biodegradable fabrics. Basically just not being super wasteful with clothes.”
- Is buying clothes sustainably an important issue to you? Why or why not? *
“Somewhat? I don’t really buy a lot of clothes since I wear things for years, and I thrift a lot. That’s pretty sustainable anyway so I don’t do more than that.”
- Do you yourself shop for clothes sustainably and promote sustainable fashion? Do you do this in everyday life?
“I would say I do, just because I barely buy clothes anyway and when I do they’re secondhand.”
- Is there more that you think you could do to help contribute to sustainable fashion?
“The only thing I can think of is maybe buy only things that are made from biodegradable fabric, but I mostly do that anyway because I usually buy cotton only.”
- Finally, have you ever encountered problems regarding fashion and sustainability?
“A lot of people don’t really care about creating more waste, so they should probably be educated.”