Why are we creating prototypes?
The type of feedback that will be most helpful for refining and improving our product idea is:
- Are there any noticeable differences between playing basketball with a classic net and playing basketball with our product? / honest comparisons in gameplay functionality
- Is the SmartNet sensor technology something that you could see improving your basketball experience? / gauge of how impactful the concept truly is
- How accessible does the SmartNet appear to the average consumer? / will show whether or not consumers feel capable to install the nets themselves, feasibility, etc.
What product features are we prototyping? And why? What do we hope to learn from testing this feature?
- bamboo netting material — does the substitute negatively impact gameplay?
- Touch sensors built into netting — are the sensors user-friendly in determining shot type digitally?
- Distance sensor attached to rim — is it able to detect shot type in fast-paced settings
How will you prototype and share these features with others to get their feedback?
We plan to create...
simulation sessions for consumers, basketball players, coaches, recreation center facilitators, and officials in order to side-by-side compare SmartNet with a traditional basketball hoop