Jun 23, 2021 5:25 AM
Daria Melek Haner
Who Did You Interview?
Demographics That Might Provide Helpful Context for Their Responses
- rising high school senior
- very "outdoorsy" person
- has doctors for parents, but views themself as very contrary to them
Key Findings from the Interview
- When it comes to sustainability
- What is your main passion/area of work when it comes to sustainability?
- They are a bit unexpected- they want to maintain natural landscapes and are very environmentally conscious, but also don't put a very high value on life for life's sake in their mind (as in they say that they don't see the inherent value in life)
- in terms of sustainability not relating to the environment, they don't really see the value in keeping humanity on this planet for as long as possible, so they don't see the point in making society and the products we use sustainable over long periods of time- "letting nature take its course"
- They expressed support for causes to save the environment (such as "Save the Boundary Waters", which is specific to my state), and seem to be very conscious of things like recycling and not using too much plastic
- What would they like to be able to do?
- They said that they want natural areas in the world to be preserved, and again to let "nature take its course"
- What are you worried about for sustainability in the future?
- Like mentioned earlier, they don't really see the value in human life, so they don't see a point in sustaining that for very long.