Jun 23, 2021 6:03 AM
Daria Melek Haner
Who Did You Interview?
- close friend/classmate
Demographics That Might Provide Helpful Context for Their Responses
- rising senior girl in high school
- is the leader of the environmental committee at school
Key Findings from the Interview
- When it comes to sustainability
- What is your main passion/area of work when it comes to sustainability?
- She said that she cares about environmental conservation, as well as making societal systems more sustainable in the long term through making them more equitable
- She says that right now her action takes the form of being on the environmental committee and personal volunteering at different sites to help remove invasive species, but that in terms of political activism to make, like she said earlier, "societal systems more sustainable in the long term", she hasn't had too much opportunity to make a specific impact but has instead tried to schedule educational sessions for the people in our grade, like assemblies
- What would they like to be able to do?
- She says she wants to be more a part of the change to systems that promote sustainability - to make a broader impact
- What are you worried about for sustainability in the future?
- She is worried that if we can't fix societal systems, that any efforts towards sustainability will be in vain