Jun 23, 2021 7:10 PM
Who Did You Interview?
- My brother
Demographics That Might Provide Helpful Context for Their Responses
- 12 years old, Turkish kid living in Dubai & going to an international school
- His school is actually quite informative about global issues
Key Findings from the Interview
- He had trouble with defining and understanding the exact meaning of the word "sustainability," which was surprising to me.
- He believes that "[t]he reason why people like me and you won't care this much is because we aren't burning fossil fuels as much as factories."
- Creating great impact on an individual level does not seem plausible to him, which is why he feels discouraged to switch to a more sustainable lifestyle.
- When asked what would happen if everyone stopped supporting corporations that were not environmentally friendly, he replied by stating that the factories "would probably go broke," and then it would actually make a difference.
- If he could do anything in the world, he would "try to convince other people like me to reduce, reuse, and recycle because one person isn't equivalent to twenty."
- Apparently likes numbers, does believe that collective action would cause a greater impact