Jun 23, 2021 8:46 AM
Ryan Logan Sung
Who Did You Interview?
- My mom
Demographics That Might Provide Helpful Context for Their Responses
- Older (49)
- Physical Therapist
- Labor Union Worker
- Lives in Suburban Housing
Key Findings from the Interview
- What are your thoughts on the importance of sustainability?
- She believes that it is essential. If we live beyond our resources, then we push the problem down to future generations.
- What are you actively doing to live in a sustainable way?
- She is trying to reduce her trash and recycle when possible. She is also making choices with the food she purchases to reduce her carbon footprint. For instance, eating less red meat and having a plant-focused diet. In addition, she attempts to walk when possible.
- What would you like to be able to do about sustainability?
- She would like to increase awareness about sustainability. She thinks people need to understand that the things we do today have an impact on our collective future.
- Do you have any reservations or concerns about sustainability in the future?
- She has concerns that people are not understanding their impact. Poor countries are facing repercussions for the choices richer countries are making. For instance, the United States imports strawberries from poorer countries and allows some portion of them to go bad. It takes away that food from the primary nation in which it was grown and wastes it.