Who Did You Interview?
- Fellow student from home university
Demographics That Might Provide Helpful Context for Their Responses
- 24 years old
- Just came back from his semester abroad
Key Findings from the Interview
- What services do you use while traveling?
- Why do you like using Airbnb as a service?
- Given that you like the idea of sleeping at someone's house more than sleeping at a hotel — would you, in general, rather own or share products?
My interview partner pointed out that he in fact uses services the most while traveling. Of the services he uses, Airbnb stands out most.
For my interview partner, Airbnb allows him to travel in a very convenient way, because he can easily choose different locations around the globe at very different price ranges and by sleeping at someone's house it becomes a more private and cultural intense experience as compared to sleeping at a hotel.
For my interview partner, it seemed to really depend on the product. Concerning his car, for example, he wouldn't mind sharing it with others. However, he wouldn't want to share his watch, because this is something very special to him.